Monday, October 5, 2009

Life is beautiful

Just this past weekend was one of the most eventful weekends I've had in a while - mixed with the good, the bad, and the not-so-good-but-grateful. The good started off with my brother-in-law visiting and taking him to his first baseball game and first college football game. The good continues with the Cal vs USC pre-game festivities with my family and good friends at good ol' Bear's Lair. The good turns into the bad pretty much after the first quarter of the game. I won't even get into the details of the game since it makes me want to 1)cry and/or 2)say something my mom won't be proud of. :-D

Then the weekend takes a turn toward the not-so-good-but-grateful event for Mark and me. Our college friend had a sudden heart attack while vacationing in Miami last week and died on the scene. He was only 26 years old. A wave of shock, grief, and fear struck our group of friends because George was just like us - young, healthy, ambitious and had no indication of any health problems. His sudden death is a reminder that as much control and direction I want for my own life sometimes I have to let a little bit of that go and roll with the punches. "Live life to the fullest," they say. That's so cliche, isn't it? But it's those cliche proverbs that provide the solace we seek in moments like these.

So with that newfound philosophy on life, shake off that last game, grab a beer, and ROLL ON YOU BEARS!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment