Thursday, November 26, 2009

Austin: San Francisco newborn photography

Do you ever wonder if most women are born to be mothers? Is there a gene we're supposed to have that make us good parents? I often ponder this when I think about my own future as a new mom. I can hardly make myself a decent meal every day let alone take care of a child who is 100% depended on ME! If there is a good-parent gene, I know my next two parents have it. It's a daunting task, being a new parent, but it's people like Michelle and Billy who make me think with a new baby comes a whole new set of genes that are flipped on and make us fully prepared to nurture and care for a newborn. I had the pleasure of photographing 18-day old Austin last week, and not only did I get a handful of oh-my-gosh-this-is-the-CUTEST-BABY-EVER photos, but I learned a lot about what it takes to be a new mom. My friend Lynn assisted me this time since I realized it's a tad challenging juggling a newborn, holding up blankets, posing them, and snap the shutter just in time for that millisecond of a smile. Phew! Too bad I didn't get that millisecond smile. Maybe next time, Austin. ;-)

Michelle wasn't like most new mothers I've seen, and I mean this in the best way possible. When we first got there I thought, "there is no way this cute girl is the new mom. She's so...so tiny!" I will warn my husband now, it's not the norm for most new moms to whip back into shape and look at stunning the way Michelle did, but now I have proof it happens. :-) Secondly, there was such an ease to the way she held Austin and changed his diapers and fed him and soothed him; you would think this was her second or even third child! There is much excitement about this little guy because he happens to be the first grandkid on both sides of the family. In fact, his grandma from San Diego was there visiting, and she was beaming with happiness and pride. There is no doubt Austin is going to grow up in the most nurturing hands and be surrounded by love, laughter, and lots of football. Michelle and Billy, you created such a beautiful, sweet little boy, and I'm so grateful you chose me to have the honor of photographing him and your good-looking family. You two are doing an amazing job as new parents; keep it up!

This Thanksgiving the Geddes family has one more thing to be extremely thankful for - a gorgeous, healthy baby boy. I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and happy eating and shopping!

IMG_9962-22

Details

My favorite of the day because he's so alert and staring right at me!

IMG_9999-25

Peaceful...

IMG_0040-7

Not so peaceful...

IMG_0018-EditBW-5

Daddy and his little football player.

IMG_0005BW-2

Mom-1

Told ya I had proof this new mother is gorgeous!

IMG_9995BW-24

He had his boxing fists up when I first got there. Don't worry, Austin, I don't bite!

IMG_9935-13

I was going to do all monochrome for this post, but I thought I'd end it with a colored photo just to twist it up a bit.

IMG_9944-16

2 comments: