Monday, September 7, 2009

My first wedding. Well, sorta.

I am Mark's DJ assistant. I'm the person who helps him set up his equipment ie. push things around while he does the heavy-duty work and I ask him where everything goes. You think I'd learn by now. I'm the person who makes sure he drinks plenty of water during warm, outdoor weddings and makes sure he eats plenty of food before the event because I know he hardly eats during the event. Most importantly, I'm the person who makes sure he doesn't play the unedited version of "I Like Big Butts" during the reception when the parents and grandparents are on the dance floor... Um... FAIL. Yes, I FAILED the latter role this weekend, and let me tell ya, I will never forget the way the bride's father gave us the oh-no-you-did-NOT-just-play-that-song look. I seriously wanted to melt into a puddle right then and there, but good 'ol Mark recovered so fast that before I could even begin to disintegrate we were already dancing to The Beatles' "Twist and Shout." Phew!!

I'm pretty bummed I didn't take any clear photos of the bride and groom because they were seriously the most gorgeous looking couple I've ever seen in my life. Not only were Eva and Nick exact replicas of J Crew models, they were extremely sweet and genuine, too! Their love for each other was expressed through every wrinkle of their smile, every breath of their laughter, and in every warmth of their hugs. This is a wedding I'll never forget, and I was lucky enough to have some free time to take a few photos to remember their special day.

Stephanie Baker was the wedding photographer, and I seriously adored her and her daughter so much! They were extremely professional and friendly, and they moved about the wedding with such poise and calmness - definitely a skill all photographers need at weddings! She mentioned that she had shot over 30 weddings last year! I visited her website earlier today, and I totally understand why she's so popular. Stephanie, your work is incredibly beautiful and artistic, and you and your daughter are a perfect reflection of such talent and professionalism. It was a pleasure meeting you and Sierra!

Again, I don't have pictures of the bride and groom - sorry! Here are some of the detailed shots I was able to sneak in.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is overexposed, but it's the only one I have of Eva. Her proud papa. :-)

Photobucket

The DJ setup

Photobucket

They had these flip flops ready to tear up the dance floor to the beats of DJ Sithi! What what!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids' table is TOO ADORABLE!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! You definitely capture the detail of this beautiful wedding. The 2nd picture looks like it came out of a wedding magazine. The angle and the lighting was just perfect for that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely amazing photos! great job big sis :) you definitely have the eye for this!

    ReplyDelete