Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jessica and Brian Outlaw wedding

Jessica and Brian are two people who's love for life, each other, and especially their family and friends go beyond distances any man or animal can ever travel. Mark met Jessica when they worked together several years ago. I remember him coming home with stories about his senior Jessica who had to be the nicest person he's ever met, and I mean EVER! Now, folks, Mark thinks a lot of people are nice, but when he described her I remember him saying she was so nice to the point one doesn't think people like that really existed until you met HER. I admit, I was skeptical at first because c'mon, that's a little exaggerated, right? But after meeting Jessica and Brian for dinner one rainy night in their cozy Berkeley duplex I instantly felt the same exact way Mark felt, if not more. The best way to describe Jessica and Brian is like this: these were the kids you met on the playground in kindergarten who shared their toys with you, asked you to be their best friend on the first day of school, protected you from the playground bullies, laughed with you when you thought you were funny, and cried with you when you scraped your knee. These kids grew up to be Jessica and Brian, and these kids still share their toys with you, these kids still ask you to be their best friend when they first meet you, these kids still protect you from the harsh realities of this world, these friends still laugh with you, and these friends still cry with you. Mark and I have formed an amazing friendship with these two kids, and we are forever grateful for your sincere love for us and each other. We love you, Jessica and Brian! Congratulations on your marriage, and welcome to the club! ;-)

Side note: this post is semi misleading. When most people see blogs about "weddings" they expect to see photos of the bride and groom and all the romantic decor of a wedding like the flowers, the bride's shoes, and center pieces. I would have loved to capture all these things...if only my camera didn't DIE on me that day! Yes, my camera straight up died on me, and I thank God I wasn't the actual photographer of this wedding because I didn't have a back up camera. That's the beauty of being a guest, I suppose. No pressures. :-) I did manage to get some really bad angled photos of Jessica and Brian and some better ones of the Brazilian capoeira celebrations, but being the perfectionist I am I abhor the idea of posting photos that don't capture the true beauty of who these two people are. Once their cousin/professional photographer posts his pictures I'll be sure to link it on my blog. For now, I've posted a photo of these two lovebirds taken from their save-the-date email and just a few from my own camera when it was alive.

The happy couple

Photobucket


Photobucket

Capoeira celebration was my favorite part of the day!

Photobucket

Leah, the blue-eyed doll

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment